Friday, December 25, 2009

With a little help from my friends.

 I need something to do with my time.

 After almost a month in New Orleans , I feel I've about got my work situation squared away. Being something of a "cat on a hot tin roof" type, I hesitate to say I've rolled a natural seven with this current place of employment but I nevertheless have a good feeling about how it's going to work out, at least for the time being.

 That all being said, I am starting to get bored with the way things are going. Yeah, I know I'm in New Orleans, but I don't blame the city. I am an incredibly easy-to-please individual, requiring little more out of this life than good eats and something to read, which makes Jack an remarkably dull human being. This should come as a surprise to absolutely no body. And frankly, most of the charms of the French Quarter are for tourists looking to spend obnoxious amounts of money on watered-down drinks, shitty beer, cheap trinkets, and table dances.

 So, I'm taking suggestions. If anyone knows of any good eateries, watering holes, music clubs, music stores, book stores, or any other points of interest here in the Big Easy that a growing lad might find diverting on the odd free night and is so inclined to tell me, I would be much obliged. Now, keep in mind, I'd like to keep driving in this city to a minimum, and if you've ever tried to navigate the roads in New Orleans you know what I mean, so I'm looking for stuff either within walking distance of the French Quarter or easily accessible via the street cars.

 Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.