Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Programming Note.

 I have some Actual Paying Work to get done by tomorrow, so tonight might light if not non-existent past this right here. If you'll recall, the goal is to top 500 words a day and both of the bad boys I have to pound out will be at least 600 words. I'm dealing with a bad case of the too-goddamn-sleepy-to-sit-up-for-too-longs, and I'm not terribly into the idea anyway. However, as has happened before, a little Work gets the juices flowing and I might hear something that sets me off and can't wait until tomorrow's news.

 So it all depends on what sort of mood I'm in. Make a note of that if necessary.

UPDATE 9:15 P.M.

 Okay, I'm done. I wrote two pieces and now I'll let them sit and simmer for a bit before jumping on the editing train. I don't want to go into too great detail, but basically what I'm doing is writing "call us so we can sue the shit out of someone for you" pages for lawyers in different parts of the country. All very basic stuff, really. You have an accident, you call the cops, you call your insurance company and, if you think necessary, call a lawyer because the insurance company will do its damnedest to not pay out. I trust the Bossman to not get involved with anything shady, plus he occasionally lets me do stuff that's a bit more "fun" like a COVID-19 update for one Florida firm.

 I'm going out of my way to be circumspect about all this because, quite frankly, I don't think it'd do anyone any good a'tall to come across this or The News at the WordPress site. One never knows, but common sense tells me it's a good idea to keep "boring business Matt" separate from "foul mouthed, psychedelic-loving, cynical borderline anarchist Matt". Fun's fun, but there's no need to let it get in the way of business.

 I don't really need the money or the clips, but this has been very good. For one, writing for someone else's eye keeps me sharper than writing for myself probably would. As much fun as I have, it's very easy to disappear up my own ass and the writing will suffer for it. Secondly, this shit is dull as flies fornicating, so just to keep engaged is a bit of a challenge. Plus, the Bossman - admittedly a buddy - has been very easy with his praise and gratitude at having a "real writer" on board. Frankly, I need that as much as anything.

 Plus, having a little money coming in would be nice. Hopefully, I can put together enough to buy a new laptop, perhaps a gaming console (leaning towards a PlayStation so I can play Spider-Man) and maybe some needed upgrades on my PC. Maybe when this whole COVID-19 business blows over, extra money to do some traveling would be welcome, too.

 Beyond that, I don't have much to go on. This sort of writing definitely tires me out, much more so than it used to. This really isn't much different that doing the classifieds or obits back in the day, and I used to spend six hours some days doing that. Hate to think of doing that now. As I said above, the sleeping's been a bit of no good lately, CPAP or not. I have an appointment with the pulmonary nurse to follow up and I may try to make that one, just because this shit ain't working. I don't mind sleeping as much as I do - though I do miss the dreamless sleep of living in a green haze - but I don't think I should feel as tired as I do all the time regardless how much sleep I get.

 Okay, I think that's fair enough for tonight. I'll save the latest COVID-19 outrages for the news tomorrow, but I will say this. I do appreciate the Republican Party and conservatives in general ripping the masks off and showing themselves to be little more than the greedy, racist, authoritarian little shits I'd thought they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.