Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Tell me the way to go home. I'm tired and I want to go to bed.

 This is getting to be a habit. This is the second time I've done this, not realize until the wee hours that I hadn't written today's Gibberish. Saturday was okay because I had something to get off my chest. And yes, I'm still extremely pissed off about what the Supreme Court pulled Friday.

 I am keeping up with the News, though it was pretty late yesterday evening before I got in filed. That's okay, I suppose, since it gets more attention and I'd rather people read that than this bellyaching. I do that better, anyway. It does rankle me that it's apparently all I can do these days, but such is life. Too bad this didn't happen 15 years ago when blogs were a thing. You watch, I'll be sixty and knocking out podcasts like a champ.

 As it is, I'm blogging, and far as I can tell, most of the bloggers of note either got real gigs or are on Substack. I've got a Substack site but I can't think of anything unique to do with nor worth charging folks actual money for. But there it is, I'd write fiction if I could but nothing comes. Maybe I should just try some straight-up fan fiction to get the juices flowing. Or maybe write some of the backgrounds I make up in my head for my characters in Baldur's Gate or Pillars of Eternity.

 Speaking of video games, I've been putting more effort into the first Mass Effect. Like the Dragon Age games, it's a good story and fathoms deep. However, it requires a massive amount of time and that's what I got in spades these days. I also got further into Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood, as well. Switching the controller for the mouse-and-keyboard setup definitely fits better. It may feel better but having to aim with the right-hand stick has just doesn't click.

 I also got further into Gun and it's pretty nifty. It's been called Grand Theft Auto on a horse and that scans. As much as I dig up the Weird Western, I thoroughly enjoy a good real Western as well. It's important to remember that the popular image of the shit-kicker movie is as much fantasy as a sword-and-sorcery movie. That being said, the actual Old West is plenty interesting, as well. Arguably my favorite period of history along with the Golden Age of Piracy or the Roman Empire. Everyone should have at least one favorite period in history that they don't screw around with.

 Okay, I need to squeeze out another hundred words. The mood's not much better but I've moved into the "disgruntled resignation" phase of the game. Beyond that, I don't know. If I'm going to do any traveling soon, I guess I should do some planning. I think I'll hit Athens if just to get a hold of some decent smoke.

 I'll save the news for tomorrow, but the announcement that the legal dawgs in New York state are kicking Trump's potential court woes into the criminal area. That'll be interesting. Anyway, that's 500 words and I'm starting to nod off. I apologize for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.