Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Programming note.

  I have some Actual Paying Work to get done tonight. It's not all that difficult, research-wise, but it is a good bit. Plus, I have nothing interesting to say about anything. The media reaction to the Afghanistan withdrawal is tedious and predictable. So is the reaction of the war pig bloggers and pundits from the early days of the War on Terror reminding everyone they should be beaten about the head and kidneys with a fungo bat until they spit teeth and piss blood. And you can't get me to care about Tim Tebow being cut by the Jags after one pre-season nor the outrage his fanboys have if someone dares speak ill of his ability or lack thereof.

 Anyhow. Read the News this week as I got some APW due Friday. As you were.

UPDATE 8:30 PM

 I've said it before, but my subconscious hates my guts. I had a dream where I was telling an erstwhile girlfriend I wasn't jealous of her new beaux because he made her happy where I couldn't, and that's what's important. Which is something I firmly believe and have told several former romantic affiliations. People want intimacy, I can't do that, and no one's been a big enough influence.

She asked if "what about you," and I told her not everyone gets to be happy. Which is something else I firmly believe. There are loads of single, childless people out there who are flat miserable. But there are also many partnered folks with kids who are flat miserable. Plenty of them are happy, too, but the point is there's no indicator for happiness.

 That all being said, it's a bummer of a thing for your subconscious to just cut the shit and tell you this. I don't know what you'd do about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.