Friday, March 29, 2019

Just to keep busy.

 I'm making a solid effort to try to write a little bit every day, even if it's just long threads on Twitter, but it's not always easy. I'm also trying to write in the morning after breakfast, just to have a set time where I do it. I'm told that helps with the get-along. I figure get up, have breakfast, write some, take a nap, go to the gym, play video games, eat supper, play more video games/watch movie, & that's a pretty good day.

 Still, the problem is I can't come up with a story. World building is all fine & good, but with apologies to Tolkien, that does not (necessarily) a story make. I have my main themes - noir fantasy, Weird West, & space western - & the bits & pieces are coming along, but I just can't come up with an overall narrative to make it an actual story. It doesn't have to be deep or world shattering, just a nice tale, a fun romp to kill an afternoon.

 Granted, there's always non-fiction writing or, to be honest, ranting about politics. However, with the ubiquity of such journalism - plus the overall low quality of such as exemplified by living wank socks like Michael Tracey - I really don't have the heart for that. It's all too crazy now & there's just too much meanness in it all.

 Anyhow. I've piddled enough for today. I think it's time for a nap. This CPAP was was supposed to help with my sleep apnea & help me stop feeling tired all that time. Well, I don't feel tired so much as sleepy. There is a difference, but I couldn't tell you which is worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.