Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Before I commit a crime.

  It's 8:15 p.m. and I haven't written anything. I should write something, I suppose, but I've got nothing going on upstairs. I reckon we'll gonzo it out until we hit the word count, then.

 I did write a little something at the Tumblr site about the Marx Brothers. Specifically about Animal Crackers and more specifically about the scene where Groucho is screwing with Margaret Irving and Margaret Dumont. It was a little bit of fun, so check it out or at least watch the movie clip.

 I'm going to avoid politics if for no other reason than to have something to write about tomorrow. I will say that interview Trump gave last night with Laura Ingraham and his resulting speech today in Kenosha are full-blown, bull-goose looney. Once again, how anyone thinks this guy is fit to run a crap game much less a country is beyond me.

 Some are trying to use it as proof he's slipping and there's been a weird thing of him claiming that he did not have a series of mini-strokes earlier in the year when no one else brought it up. I don't buy that. My main objection to Trump becoming president in 2016 is that for over 30 years I've thought he was a cheap, two-bit dirty landlord and a complete buffoon who's only rich because he was born rich. I based that assumption of his first book and television interviews of the time, and nothing in the past three years has altered that perception.

 Just because I haven't had a chance to say this elsewhere, but I think I'll skip Bill & Ted Face The Music. Don't get me wrong. I love the previous two movies. In fact, I think Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is one of my all-time favorites. That being said, I don't know if I'm up for seeing a movie of two guys who showed so much promise as young men finding themselves spinning their wheels as middle age sits on their heads and farts. I'm sure there's a message for me in there somewhere, but I don't think I care to hear it.

 I really haven't read anything of note nor have I been playing any video games the last couple of days. I have been re-reading Jorge Luis Borges short stories, but I don't think that really counts as I've read them quite a few times. If you've never read any Broges, I highly recommend his collection of short stories, Ficciones. Words fail me when I try to explain them, which is probably why I never made a literary critic, but they're fun, mind-bending reads. Sort of like Philip K. Dick but classier, Borges' world flows and changes, and you never quite know where they're going to go. I recommend "Death and the Compass" or "The Garden of Forking Paths" to start. If you dig on Umberto Eco, as you should, you'll dig on Borges' stuff.

 I've been listening to a good bit of blues lately. Nothing special or unique, just standard the Muddy Waters-Howlin' Wolf-Little Walter axis. I will recommend Hard Again, one of Muddy's last albums. He made it with Johnny Winter and it's just some powerhouse stuff, especially considering the crap Chess was trying to throw together in their dying days. Muddy made out better with stuff like The Woodstock Album but Wolf's last few are just sad. That being said, The Back Door Wolf and Message To The Young really isn't all that bad. Little Walter was, of course, dead before all this happened.

 Okay, then, that's word count. Maybe I'll come back to this but I probably won't We'll see how it goes, but I imagine it'll be tomorrow before I fool around with anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.