Saturday, September 5, 2020

Make up your own title.

  It's been a stupid week and not only am I not engaged with reality, me and my buddy Otis, the Jack Russell, took advantage of the cool evening and walked two miles up and down the Peaceful Valley roads. So I'm tired, too. Worse, Otis' energy hasn't quite run out for his second wind. So, we're going to gonzo through this mess and probably call it a night. Don't believe me it was a dumb week? Check it out:

Monday

Wednesday

Friday

 I mean just look at Friday. Monday and Wednesday were bad enough, but sometime Thursday this country went even more bull-goose loony as if that were possible. And it only got dumber today. Trump supporters who own boats have been getting together and forming "flotillas," flying Trump flags and whatnot, for about a fortnight now. Well, they took their show to Lake Tyler in Austin, Texas, whereupon the larger boats roared around and kicked up a high wake, causing some of the smaller boats to sink.

 Now that in and of itself is fucking hilarious. Sometimes karma brings us an all-too-on-the-nose metaphor and we should just sit back and enjoy it. But what's funny is enough of the truly faithful are trying to find a way to blame Antifa, BLM, or liberals in general for the mess. It wasn't a case of privileged assholes who think the rules don't apply to them shooting each other in the dick out of sheer myopic bloody-mindedness. No, it's got to be sabotage by people who hate America, Jesus, and Trump, which are all the same thing. Anyhow, thanks for the laughs, MAGAts. It's been a rough week and I think we could all use a chuckle at the expense of the absolute dregs of humanity.

 It's been close to an hour since I wrote the above. I'm still in the mud-brained funk I've been in all week and sleeping way too much. I've been playing a bit of Pillars of Eternity II and Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but nothing serious. Pathfinder's had a serious update that's changed a good bit of the game and added a turn-based system. I've already found some new dungeons and sites, so it'll be interesting to see how it washes out.

 I really don't have much. Matter of fact, I don't think I'll post this on Tumblr which means it won't be on Twitter. I think a week of no substance whatsoever is way too much to ask. I wish I could figure out what's dragging me down. If it's because I've not had any human contact outside the family for the past six months, I find that mighty depressing. I would love some smoke, ain't going to lie about that.

 I haven't been reading anything interesting, nothing new. Re-reading stuff like The Time Machine and David Deutsch's The Fabric Of Reality. Still pretty fascinated with the whole Many-Worlds Theory thing, though I haven't had any real breakthrough insights lately. I really can't think of any music I've been listening to that's lit me up, either. Same old blues and country, again.

 I don't even feel like complaining about the writing problem It is what it is. I write but I don't feel like a writer. I'm not sure why I do it but I'll keep on doing it. It fills the hours and what else am I going to do? In any event, that's word count and I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.