Sunday, March 21, 2021

Between midnight and day.

  Well, shoot. I finally let it happen. Due to my evening nap, I let it get past midnight and I haven't written anything. I wasn't putting it off so much as I'm still in my "nap away reality" mood. I know this isn't healthy but I honest-to-god don't care. The level of apathy I'm dealing with right now is worse than it was during the deepest depths of my working days, but just like I have nothing that demands my time, I have nothing to get my head bad so I can look at things with a different perspective. 

 In any event, while I'm waiting for the joint to heat up so I can take a shower, we'll knock something out. First, the News. The Atlanta shootings dominated the latter part of the week, so that's what I wrote about Wednesday and Friday. Plus, I add some commentary to Friday's piece as to why the shootings most definitely had a racist bent. That we're seriously arguing this whole "sex addiction" thing as a legit reason why the shootings weren't racist boggles my mind. America.

 The week started off pleasant-ish enough what with the announcement that everyone over the age of 16 in the state of Mississippi can get COVID vaccinations. Unfortunately, we're also in a position where the dingbat governor is intentionally turning down millions in federal aid because he's snubbing Medicare expansion. It would help over 300,000 Mississippians but I guess since more than half of that would be Black people, it's a no-go.

 Monday and Friday both had News that started well after I should've for the same reason this missed deadline, sleeping too damn much. Again, I'm not depressed or angry or anything like that, just lazy and disinclined to have much to do with a world that seems to insist on being dumb as possible. I mean, people are still trying to claim Dr. Seuss was "canceled" and nothing can be done about it. They're set in the stroke and refuse to let anything knock them loose. Why bother dealing with them? Why bother acknowledging them? Why bother taking anything else they say with any level of seriousness?

 Ah. Something's gone screwy with WordPress, I don't know what. I can't cut-&-paste the entire piece anymore, just one paragraph at a time. It's irritating as hell because I don't see where there's any sort of word check attached to the WordPress site. Petty, I know, but I haven't got much this week. I don't know why I keep doing this. No one reads it, no one wants to read it, and I don't blame them. The News is easier and I wish I'd thought of it years ago, but even then no one wants it. And why would they?

 I feel frustrated. I want peace and quiet. I'm tired of being here and having to act like I give a shit. I swear I'm not depressed, just bored. I finished Six-Gun Tarot and I recommend it. Apparently, I'd bought the third book in the series when I passed through Portland, so I have to decide about that. Either way, I think I'll wait for a while before I do anything. Not sure what I'll start next or if I'll try to power through that philosophy book.

 People get the wrong idea about philosophy, I think. It doesn't teach you to think, it makes you think. You have to put a little effort into understanding it and processing it and making it something you can use. It does wear you out, though. I haven't played anything in the last couple of days. I need to dip back into Disco Elysium or even Star Control: Origins.

 That's enough for now and it's almost warm enough to take a shower. I hope the upcoming spring weather shakes me loose. If not, what the hell. I have nothing to do and no one really cares if I do it anyway. Even the people who actually care about me are fine if I do nothing. Helluva note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.