Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Someone fetch me my coat and hat and hand me my walkin' cane.

  I don't really have a whole lot today. My brain's lazy. I'm not blue or depressed or irritable or anything. I'm just more sluggish than usual. I've skipped the gym the last couple of days and spent most of it reading, ignoring the rest of the world.

 So, really, nothing terribly unusual, just more so. Luckily the News isn't suffering, as that sort of thing just comes naturally. I guess that's a holdover from the journalism days. Sometimes you have to fill the white space and it doesn't matter that the muse isn't there because the job needs to get done. It's similar to working on a kitchen line, doesn't stop so it doesn't matter, just get it done.

 Beyond that, I don't know. "Cancel culture" and Cardi B's naughty song is still running the discourse on Twitter and I still can't be bothered to give a shit. It's funny and almost a cliche how the caterwauling over that "W.A.P." tune really isn't all that much different from Elvis' hips or that evil jass music causing nice white girls to dance. Or the devil's tritone or how reading novels is ruining young people's minds.

 No shit, culture warriors used to lament people reading novels and even tried to pass it off as some sort of mental issue. They also used to bemoan people reading newspapers on the train in case you thought "them damn kids and their celly phones" is a new thing.

 Eight people in the Atlanta area were shot today, most of them Asian American women working at health spas and massage parlors. They've caught one dude for it. Nothing's been written in stone yet, but as it was a white guy I'm going to go ahead and assume it's something to do with the rise of anti-Asian violence in this country over the past year. If I'm wrong, don't worry, I will apologize to the mass murderer.

 This is because of "the China virus." This is because of "Kung flu." This is due to all you assholes and the former president trying to stir up a little racism and xenophobia in order to distract us from the complete failure to deal with COVID-19 in any sensible way.

 And, yes, this guy was taken in without being shot or pepper-sprayed or put in a chokehold or anything like that. And, yes, it's because he's a white dude and you are a goddamn fool and probably a racist if you want to argue otherwise. And, no, no one's saying he should've been shot dead on the spot or Dylan Roof or anything like that, it's just that it's pretty fucked up that we as a culture have decided that cops immediately shooting black people is the place to start.

 And, yes, a lot of this is on Trump. He encouraged it and inflamed it and never took the time to try to calm it down. There was no reason for it but he kept calling it the "China virus" and reminding everyone he calls it the "China virus." So fuck him and fuck anyone who voted for him and fuck anyone who thinks one thing didn't lead to another because they really don't care about people getting murdered by angry white dudes for whatever reason angry white dudes want to murder people.

 Okay. That's word count and if anything comes up, I'll add it. But for now, I'm sort of tired and, frankly, sluggish in the brain. So, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.