Monday, April 15, 2019

Another year rolls by...

 I turned 44 this past Friday. I also found out I have periodontal disease & the bone in my lower jaw is pretty much a lost cause. We're going to try to fight the infection & there's a better than average chance I'll still have my teeth for at least another 15-20 years, but there ya go.

 Now, I've never had sterling dental hygiene, admittedly, but I have done the bare minimum, at least. The only thing I didn't do was go to the dentist on a regular basis. Last time I saw one was well over 10 years ago. It was a free clinic because I didn't have insurance & it's expensive. Plus, you'd be amazed how tough it is to get into a reduced clinic in New Orleans. No excuse, but there you go.

 From what the dentist & dental hygienist told me, the periodontal disease wasn't caused by poor habits or what I ate. Matter of fact, my actual teeth are in pretty good shape & I don't have a cavity in my head. This is just something that can happen &, as a matter of fact it does run in my family. Probably also explains why my white blood count's been slightly high lately.

 And it probably kicked in serious when my blood pressure went critical a couple years back. Another thing that I had no control over, did everything at least not wrong, & still have to deal with. Between this, the hypertension & the sleep apnea, I'm having to put a lot of time, money, effort & pain into maintaining an existence I'm honestly not all that crazy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.