Saturday, April 10, 2021

Got me on milk and alcohol.

  I really don't have much to go with today, so let's get the News hammered out and go from there. While there was nothing particularly earth-shattering or too deep, it was a good, solid week of old-school blogger journalism. We looked at the environmental problems in Florida, the new infrastructure bill the GOP will try to scuttle even though almost a third of their constituency is for it, the ongoing success of the COVID vaccination roll-out, Matt Gaetz being Matt Gaetz, the defense for the Derek Chauvin getting bodied all week, and this unceasing weekly frog-drowner storms that are the new normal. Sometimes it's a stone groove to just be useful.

 Beyond that, I don't what else to tell you. I've been listening to a lot of harmonica music lately, as in more than usual. It's weird. I got pretty rusty from the last time I blew on a regular basis, but the more I re-learn here lately, it seems the less I can do. But that's how it goes with me. I'm not sure if it how it works for everyone else, but the more I learn about something, the dumber I feel. There's something Socratic about that, but don't ask me to explain it.

 I got my first shot this week, speaking of the vaccination rollout. I'm getting the Pfizer tracking chip so that means I'll have to go back towards the end of the month to finish up. Once I get clean, I'm going to plan on hitting the road again. Maybe go to AthFest if they have one this year. I still want to make a trip that hits Biloxi and Mobile before heading down to Gainesville, if for no other reason than I haven't been there in over 20 years and I'm interested in seeing what it's like these days.

 There is just nothing coming, man. I've been doing pretty good all week keeping a "normal" sleeping schedule. However, I stayed up late last night on purpose to play video games, mostly Champions Online, and slept in some today. So I've been sluggish all day. Really not reading anything, either, not even a deep Wiki-dive.

 I did get around to watching Phantasm II, for what that's worth. It's a pretty decent sequel to a fun, weird horror movie. The rest of the sequels are here and there on various streaming services, so I'll probably knock all of them out. Or at least the third one, the last two look a little iffy.

 Monday's my 46th birthday. Getting older is a drag, man, and middle age sucks. I don't recommend it, for what it's worth, but I'm not sure what other options are.

 Hell, I don't know. This has been sitting here for twenty minutes while I've been watching the last Red Letter Media's Best Of The Worst. I don't know what I'm going to do tonight. Maybe play some more games or watch a movie or maybe going to sleep and deal with it all tomorrow.

 And you know what? That right there was 500 words. Good enough for jazz, as the man said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.