Saturday, April 17, 2021

Who's been talking?

  Well, it's Saturday night, the first one of my 46th year. Twenty years ago, I'd be getting ready to go see some band play if I wasn't in some kitchen getting my daily salt. Either way, I'd probably be stoned and that's about the only thing I miss from those days.

 Anyway. This was a depressing week. Too many shootings, either by the police or just some asshole who's decided he's got the right to decide who lives and who dies. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday were all about some shooting, be it the cops in Minneapolis or the guy in Indianapolis. It's depressing as shit, even more so knowing that probably nothing significant will change.

 I've talked about gun violence all week and I don't want to talk about it anymore. I will reiterate that I really don't give a shit about your guns or, for that matter, what you think the Second Amendment actually means. Knock your damn fool self out, for all I care. Just know this: if you're not someone I know well enough to know that you know what you're doing with something that's good for nothing but killing, I feel it well within my right to treat you like the next mass shooter should you decide you simply cannot hit the local Wal-Mart without being loaded for bear. Deal.

 It's come and gone, but I really didn't touch on the whole "America First Caucus" Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar tried to pull off. I am surprised that it didn't last a week, for what that's worth, though I never did figure out what "Anglo-Saxon political traditions" meant, seeing as how the whole "Anglo-Saxon" thing was a non-starter after 1066. I know it was a badly disguised "white power" to-do, sure, and probably dumb as a bucket of shit considering the progenitors. 

 I think if nothing else, it might behoove Nancy Pelosi to give Greene something useful to do with her time. Put her on a low-grade committee that doesn't actually mean anything. She could be naming post officers or something like that.

 Moving on, I think I've bought all the harmonicas I'm going to need for a while. Key-wise, all I lack is a B and an F in major keys. I might, might, buy an F and a B-flat, but I wouldn't count on it. It's past time to actually try to get back to getting better-than-decent on them, I reckon. Plus, I have that chromatic to figure out. I got that Rocket Low C and thought I meant to get a Low G as Junior Wells suggested. Them things are expensive as hell, though. Lee Oskar doesn't make a Low G and Junior preferred Lee Oskars, so who knows. Harmonica talk, always a winner.

 Okay, I don't know what else. Something about this week, I don't know, but I've been kind of out of it. I can live with it, though. Last week, I got up every morning by 8 a.m. and hit the gym, while this week I laid around until noon or so. Why, I couldn't tell you, except I've been taking advantage of the new fiber optic and trying more of the games with huge downloads. The Witcher 2 is actually a pretty good game and not as dense as 3, though it takes a minute to get used to not being able to jump.

 And that's that, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.