Sunday, September 22, 2019

Sunday, September 22, 2019

 As the weekend draws to a close, I must say that's been a fairly pleasant one. The weather's been very comfortable, no major family issues popped up, & the president managed to get through the weekend neither saying nor doing some rock stupid.



 The Ukraine business continues at a slow boil. I must admit I'm not paying as close attention to it as I possibly should, but it does look like it's starting more & more to be a stink he can't wash off nor will the press allow him to do so. I don't know if in the long run it'll hurt him. Certainly not with the cult, they're all ride 'till they die. To act otherwise is to court disaster.

 As much as I've tried to stay out of it & observe from the sidelines - because that's what I do best - I must admit I cannot understand why the Democratic leadership isn't going after this guy's jugular, especially Nancy Pelosi. When she first took over as Speaker Of The House after the 2018, I understood why she didn't leap immediately. That's not how the Game is played, & I think there was the hope that if they were given a bit, the Republicans would see the error of their ways. Politics has been compared admirably to making sausages: it's pretty ugly & you really don't want to see how it's done.

 But it's almost been a year now & she (along with Chuck Schumer) are still not only just sitting on their hands, but also shame-shaming anyone howling for Trump's skin. And he's getting worse & more unpredictable, like a stoned bull in a China shop. Frankly, I don't get it. They wouldn't give the same consideration if the roles were reversed & the Democratic president did something awful, such as wearing a tan suit that fit him will.

 Now, don't get it twisted. I have no great love for the Democratic Party, particularly on a national level. I was arguably fairly conservative, borderline reactionary even, before I left home for college. Since then, I keep moving to the left like someone properly passing the Dutchie, & the bigger my world becomes, the more a left-wing lunatic I become. At the same time, I am cursed with some have called a total lack of romance in my soul & stars in my eyes about the limits of political power in the United States.

 But I ride with the Democrats not because they're perfect, but they've been the only ones willing to move my direction in the past 20 years. If the Republicans promoted, say, single payer, law reform, decriminalizing drug possession/use, & strengthening voter rights, I would happily pull the lever for them. But you know they won't & I know they won't. In fact, they'll slit their own throats to keep any of that happening because it might make life slightly easier for the untermenschen & sacrifice their children to keep America terrified of not only losing their healthcare or shot up by some asshole, but also "knowing their place".

 I have no illusions about the Democrats doing anything that actually helps non-stinking-rich people, but they at least have the presence of mind that if they don't, the fucking guillotines are going to broken out sooner than later. Same thing with foreign policy. We are locked into a stroke that benefits the military-industrial complex & if anyone tries to really push against that, well... no one wants two to the head, do they?

 So they play along, & it's horrible. I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but even if he snags the Big Seat, Bernie Sanders won't even come close to eliminating the massive military cock we swing around. Ask Jimmy Carter about that. He's been building houses for almost 40 years to cleanse his guilt from that.

 So there's that there then. Not a whole lot of news this weekend, but that's a good thing. There's some storms brewing in the Atlantic, Jerry & Karen, but nothing tremulous has come up yet. he Saints won & Alabama won, so all's good in this house. That Antonio Brown cat who's made such a ruckus the past week & a half pitched him a fit on Twitter over the weekend & quit football Sunday after the Patriots let him go.

 He wasn't nice about it, pointing out how crooked the owners are & how someone who was credibly accused of rape like Ben Roethlisberger barely got a slap on the wrist. And the NFL told him to not let the door hit him on the way out. What's really funny is a bunch of Patriots fans threatened the Sports Illustrated writer who uncovered Brown's second accusation of sexual harassment. I bet they felt like total chumps now, eh?

 So that's enough of that. I finally got around to checking out a couples of games I was given lately. Epic Games gave us a big wad of Batman games to celebrated the Caped Crusader's 80th anniversary, including Batman: Arkham Knight. I had already played & enjoyed the previous Arkham games, even though they really haven't grown much since the first one. Knight is more of that, & maybe if I liked Batman more I might put more into it, but as it stands, Arkham Asylum & Arkham City scratch that itch quite nicely enough.

 Couple of months back, Kingdom Come: Deliverance came my way via Humble Bundle & I took a minute to look into that one. That one might warrant a more inspection. Long story short, it takes place during the 15th century Holy Roman Empire. During the political upheaval of the time, you play a commoner, the son of a blacksmith.

 I've only got a little ways into it, & even if I didn't already know how it plays out, I know a soon-to-be-doomed bucolic medieval village when I see one. It's first person, though, & looks like it asks a lot. Also I've been told that it's fairly difficult in that way that way that gives "gamer" choads massive hard-ons. Also the game's director is apparently one of those "Gamer Gate" losers, but that all happened last year so there ya go.

 I think that's good enough for jazz, don't you? I'm starting to get that headache-blurry-vision one-two punch more & more last couple days. Got it going on right now, & if we'll remember, the PCG doesn't see it as such a big issue. So I don't know. I really don't want to go back into the hospital, 'cause that shit is boring. I don't recommend going into the hospital if you really don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.