Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday, September 29, 2019

 Just had a dream where I was interviewing Leonard Susskind. It was going well, but my handwriting had decayed to the point that I was unable to read my notes. I do have legendarily bad handwriting.



 Quiet weekend. Dull weekend. The news isn't all that loud; Impeachment seems to be kicking along & picking up steam. Thought it's still early in the process, it nevertheless dominated the news outlets this weekend. As I intimated above, I've just woken up from a nap so my synapses aren't all firing on the same cylinders just yet.

 I haven't really been into this weekend. There is a good bit going on or topics that I could into, but nothing's boiling. It is just too damn hot & I'm about down to Mendocino. It is nice to know I can generate ideas & topics without being baked. Still, I don't have much to push out tonight.

 I'm just tired & uninspired, I suppose. I don't really have much to do for the next couple weeks & I'm still not in the mood to travel anywhere beyond just traveling. Otis got a-hold of the cat this morning, but Bounce was able to fight him off. Now he's sitting here & whining that I won't let him back outside. I do wish he'd calm down about that. One year, the same cat & he acts like it's a new discovery every time he goes outside.

 Anyhow, there's the pizza. I'll come back to this.

Okay, that was good. Caught some of the Saints-Cowboy game on the television, but now I've switched to WWL Radio. It's 9-3 Saints, & if there's a team New Orleans hates more the Dallas, it's the Atlanta Falcons & they're at least in the same division. Uh oh, the Cowboys are on the Saints 1 here in the 3rd quarter, 2nd & goal. Well, touchdown Dallas. They score the PAT, they'll be up 10-9.

 As I've said before, I like football & I enjoy watching it. However, apart from my lingering affection for New Orleans, I really don't have a "team", & once the game's over, I no longer care about football until the next game starts. Also, the NFL is an evil organization run by crooks, thieves, lackwits & liars. They chew players up while charging the fans outrageous prices for everything, mainly because otherwise it'd cut into the bottom line. So I wouldn't mind seeing it go the way of beat baiting & circus geeks.

 And when it comes down to it, I'd rather listen on the radio than watch on television. At least then the announcers have a point in running their mouths & you're not distracted by all the crap that goes on when the cameras are rolling. This Teddy Bridgewater kid they've put behind the center since Drew Brees got hurt is pretty solid. That's a good thing; been saying for the past couple of years that the team needed to phase Brees out & work on the future. Guy's almost my age & I haven't had giant hormonal freak shows trying to pound my head into the ground for the past 20 years.

  Well, apparently the president is having a little fit this evening. He's calling to "meet" the whistleblower, misunderstanding the whole "right to meet your accuser" because he's a goddamn fool. Said on tonight's "60 Minutes" that said whistleblower "is under federal protection because he or she fears for their safety".

 So that's where we are now. He's ranting & raving, retweeting calls for civil war, calling the press "the enemy of the people" & somehow still convinced that the Democrats can't move past 2016 when they're still looking for something in her "emails". He's putting the bug into his cultists' heads that if he loses in 2020, it'll because of Democratic cheating with the help of the "Fake Media".  He's also calling for his bete noir Rep. Adam Schiff to be investigated for treason.

 And most of his followers believe it & threaten violence against their neighbors if the election is "stolen" from them & that's the only way they could lose. The soi-disant "Never Trumpers" will shake their head sadly & vote for Trump again, so don't pay them any attention. Every day, they promise violence if Beto O'Rourke "takes away their guns" but that Antifa is the DNC's super soldiers attack any brave pundit who dares speak for Trump, God & America (because all three are the same).

 The Saints kicked another field goal, so it's 12-10, but New Orleans should've scored a touchdown on that drive.

 Back to Trump's cultists, it's funny that so many of them that are threatening this violence come from not from the class the supported Trump the most in the 2016, that is upper-middle class white voters. They don't care they're being used, though; they've been thirsting for this sort of excuse since at least Bush Junior. I don't know if they'll do anything or how long it'll last if they meet the merest resistance, but I do know it won't go the way they see it.

 People keep saying that an impeachment would further divide the country when the Right is gleefully looking forward to killing anyone that disagrees with their Precious. I say let it fracture. Maybe it needs to fall if we go this easily to this sort of madness after all this time. Is it really worth saving?

UDATE: In any event, the Saints win 12-10 & there'll be happiness in New Orleans tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.