Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Weekend: Saturday, March 14, and Sunday, March 15, 2020

 Well, here's what I did this weekend. Saturday's pretty decent but Sunday comes off as kind of a dud. Nothing much beyond more people being (mostly) dumbass about the coronavirus thing. We're at the "George Soros is trying to destroy capitalism" stage of dribbling wingnuttery from yay-hoos who've gone way, way past their 15 minutes due. I still say the best thing we can do is hunker down for a little while, at least until we can get a better grasp on whatever the hell it is. But, hey, what do I know.

 In other news, today (March 15) is Sly Stone's birthday. One of the noticeable flaws of our culture is that we don't hold Sly & The Family Stone in higher regard than we do. I don't know about you, but I think there is something apropos about Sly being born on the Ides of March. Don't ask me to explain why. A lot of acid got passed around in that last video, I bet you.

 Anyhow. The forever student in me wants to add a third paragraph to this, if for no other reason than symmetry. Granted, I don't have an introduction and probably won't have a conclusion, so it's probably a moot point. On the upside, I've been reading a not-terrible-at-all little Weird Western piece called Cowboys and Zombies by a W.R. Benton, and it's exactly what you'd think it is. It's a fairly simple, straight-forward take, a bit more on the old-school side of things than full-on Dead Wood, and executed fairly well. Granted, I'm fairly early in the process - like maybe a tenth into the book - but so far, so good.

 And what more can you ask out of this life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.