Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Choo-Choo Charlie had a plenty good band, but he couldn't understand why no one would go.

 Well, since I screwed around yesterday and didn't get the News done until almost 8 p.m. - despite having some Actual Paying Work to do - I figured I might as well knock this out while I'm still awake. Yep. Wound up pulling an all-night, because that's definitely something a 45-year-old man needs to be doing when he's not actually getting paid all that much.

 Anyhow, checkout yesterday's News. I know I usually wait until the weekend to promote it, but it came together well. For some reason, Our Idiot President has decided to go after Bubba Wallace two weeks after that whole thing was eclipsed by the rest of the horror that's been 2020. He's buckling down on snagging the racist vote, it seems. Between this and caping for statues of Confederate generals that were put up 50-plus years after the Civil War specifically to give Black people a middle finger to claiming the Washington Racistname football team was considering changing its name due to political correctness, one assumes this is the pony he's going to ride on into November. He's got nothing else going for him, that's for damn sure.

 It's sad to see the President act this way, but it's disturbing that so many people are buying this hook, line and sinker just because he's saying it. Well, that's not exactly true. Trump getting elected didn't make the people that support him racist. He was elected mainly because the people that support him are racist. They were tedious myopic shitheads before he entered office and they'll be tedious myopic shitheads when he leaves. If we're at all lucky, they'll just be quieter this time around.

 His whole thing with NASCAR and especially the flag business is a puzzler. Granted, I understand why he's doing it - it gets the humanoids hot and bothered and chanting his name, and that's all he cares about - and, really, I understand why the humanoids take him at his word (hint: they're morons). It's still a puzzler that they all buy this like they do. Do they really think this soft-handed Manhattan fancy lad actually gives a shit about "Southern pride" or NASCAR. Remember when John Kerry caught hell for saying something like "of course we all love NASCAR"? I mean, I didn't buy that either, but we're supposed to take this seriously? Sure.

 I'm getting sleepy and draggy. I've been reading a lot of Hunter Thompson, which itself isn't so unusual, but I'm reading more about his early days and why he got into writing. Long story short, I manage to depress myself because I gave it up when I did. We're not all that different, though. He arguably gave it up sometime in the '80s and didn't start producing quality stuff again until the Bush Jr, years. In the context of his whole Death of the American Dream deal, Bush's re-election was definitely when that particular horse was put out of its misery.

 And like I've said, I see my job as exploring the Post Mortem of the American Dream. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we as a culture, country, society is on its last legs. The argument that wearing masks to protect yourself from COVID-19 is some sort of insidious plan by the Illuminati to get people complacent and compliant to be taken over and completely controlled. Seriously. These are the same people who bark like little dogs whenever Tucker Carlson tells them people in San Francisco are shitting in the street. That's a sign of a society too dumb to feed and clothe itself properly.

What is the endgame for this insidious plan of total control? People will work themselves to death at jobs that consider them disposable for not enough money to live on, much less enjoy yourself, while following pinhead, power-hungry ideologues and possibly go into bankruptcy because your kid gets sick? Get 'em to buy useless shit? Hate each other because of the color of their skin and how they chose to live their lives when it doesn't affect anyone else? Mission fucking accomplished, then, I guess.

 Well, it's getting close to noon. I might as well pinch this one off, do the editing and get it ready for posting. Had to break away to help out with a small emergency with my cousin's goats. One of the dangers of living out in the country is everyone lets their dog run loose and dogs can be buttholes. Also, goats have huge nutsacks. I did not know that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.