Tuesday, July 21, 2020

If I die and my soul be lost, it's nobody's fault but mine.

 I took on a bunch of Actual Paying Work that's due tomorrow afternoon, and since I've had another day, I'm going to get this either knocked out or started first. At least going to try to get a jump on it. Unfortunately, I really don't have much I feel like talking about, particularly not for 500 words.

 However, since I didn't do it Saturday because of my morose gonzo journey to the center of my mind, let's lay down some News links from last week. I'm going to start with the best. The Weekend is usually just a space-filler and a chance to wrap things up. However, this time around I wrote about the passing Rep. John Lewis and Bro. C.T. Vivian, their loss to the current culture, and what it all means. It's pretty good, and I'm pretty proud of it.
 
 Monday was a deep-ish dive into the whole business surrounding the Washington football team's planned name change, why it finally came about, and how it wasn't quite as cut-and-dried as we might think. We looked at the current state of the 2020 Presidential Election Wednesday and Friday we looked at what's going on in Portland that's about to be rolled out to the rest of the country. Wednesday showed how Trump is stumbling and Friday shows what he plans to do to shore his popularity numbers up. I've said a couple of times I'm less worried about what he'll try and more worried what My Fellow Americans will allow or enthusiastically embrace. Something like 24% of the population would be down with a "strong leader" that didn't concern themselves with Congress or piffle like that, and our history as a country backs that up. It's going to be an interesting summer.

 Okay. To work.

 Four hours later, and I just laid down around 1,600 words on construction contract law in New York. I've got three more pieces to get done by tomorrow afternoon, and at least one of them is about union laws. You know how much pull unions have in the South? I used to belong to the Mississippi Press Union, or whatever it was called, but that was many years ago. My brain is already feeling mushy, put it that way. So I believe I'll tie this off here. What I get for screwing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.