Thursday, February 18, 2021

And it sure smells like snow in Bossier City.

  We're into Day Four of the Big Freeze, and it's loosening up some. We got a bit of a thaw last night and the roads opened up so people could get around. We're supposed to drop down into the teens tonight, though, so tomorrow's going to be a mess. Luckily, I don't have to get out in it.

 Of course, I have nothing to work with. Hibernating isn't good for the creative juices, I suppose, and I'd whip a bear for a joint. I miss that little bit of reality warp a good lungful brings. I took one of those Klonopin the Psych Doc prescribed but that's just no fun at all. It's like being underwater for too long, if that makes sense.

 I suppose we could discuss Ted Cruz's latest foolishness, but I don't really feel like there's a point. Anyone who doesn't know Cruz is an irredeemable sleazeball is fine with the way he does things, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone he'd pull something like this. Nor is anyone surprised his wife's "friends(?)" would drop a dime on him when he tried to blame it all on his kids. No one likes him, this isn't a question.

 I guess the only thing that I'd like to see one of these bozos not do the whole "I had no idea my running off to a resort vacation while the residents in my state froze to death would look bad, I'm so ashamed" thing because it never comes off as genuine. Asshole, you're just burnt you got caught out bad and didn't think people would criticize you for it.

 I wish they'd roll with that just once. "Hell yes, I went to Cancun. This state is already a shithole even when you have power and running water. I did on your dime, too, proles, and the only thing I'll be doing when I get back to Washington is insult another celebrity and plan a "fact-finding trip" to Switzerland for this summer. And you pigs will love it so long as I let you hate gays and cut taxes on the rich." Just once.

 Anyhow. Fuck Ted Cruz in general. His loathsomeness goes beyond his politics. I'm sick of all these ambulatory congealed fat colonies. I know such cheap, third-rate crooks are nothing new in politics, but it'd be nice if all this got boring again. I've cut way back on Twitter since the January 6 Embarrassment because, occasionally, I have to drop out. Since I'm forced to pay attention to keep up with The News, playing with Twitter for fun, well... it isn't all that much fun.

 I've got another world-building thing brewing. No story, still, but this one might be a closer thing. I'm picturing a low-fantasy Forgotten Realms setting wherein a semi-retired adventure has to solve mysteries, a la Kinky Friedman's detective novels. It'll probably be a day or two until it marinates enough to put down on paper.

 I only need five more words, and that right there got 'er done. The usual rules apply, if something comes to me, I'll come back. I doubt it, though. Maybe I'll work on the fiction some, see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.