Thursday, February 4, 2021

It's the same old story. Tell me where does it end.

 Okay. It's Thursday and, to be honest, I have nothing. What little creativity I have is wrapped up in a fiction idea, but I'll get to that in a minute. Otherwise, we'll just ramble on until we hit word count.

 There's news, of course, but I'd rather save it for the News. That Marjorie Greene fruitcake got all her committee appointments taken away, but the GOP as a whole decided they were fine with being lamped in with the whole QAnon bunch, 9/11 trutherism, and the stroke that certain school shootings weren't anything but false flags to destroy the Second Amendment. I'm never sure who's supposed to do that, but there you go.

 She's dangerous but she's tedious and dull. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she winds up shooting someone she works with, but she's just not that interesting. Conservatives have been indulging in dumbass conspiracy theories and muttering darkly about exercising their Second Amendment rights all over people who disagree with them. Hell, the first time in years they've acted in good faith in years was when that bunch of dipsticks tried to take over the Capitol.

 Of course, them backing down when they weren't the conquering heroes is just as predictable as Greene pretending she really didn't mean it. Ideally, this would mean her fifteen minutes were up, but to repeat myself, this has been the GOP for years. They've just cut the bullshit.

 Speaking of cutting the bullshit, Nashville is wrestling with the fallout of Morgen Wallen dropping the N-Bomb during a drunken tirade that got recorded and distributed by TMZ. He says he's "embarrassed" about it all but I'm he's more embarrassed he got busted. That boy's mullet and white-trash 'stache isn't helping his argument any. Helluva way to start off Black History Month, Nashville.

 I really don't pay attention to recently released music, much less country music, and haven't in about a decade. That's not a comment on modern radio's quality because, quite frankly, the only thing more tedious than "bro country" is hipsters getting snooty about "real country music" or, even worse, "saving country music." You want to save country music, go out and make good music.

 I wish I was more into it, though. I grew up in love with country radio and find it depressing I can't go back to that love. At the same time, it's no longer necessary since I can make the best country playlist you've ever heard thanks to iTunes and Apple Music. So, I don't feel getting shitty about the state of mainstream Nashville is worth the effort. Dig, y'all, Willie & Waylon just wanted to get paid as much as rock artists, they still wanted to make those bullets. Hank Williams was tickled shitless when his tunes were made into pop hits.

 Every year I tell myself I'm going to write something about Black people and country music, and I'm sort of glad I'm so out of date that there are more Black folks in Nashville nowadays than there might've ever been. One of the kids in Brothers Osbourne came out as well, and that's a good step in the right direction. The peckerheads may be losing their shit over all this, but fuck 'em, they're the right people to be pissing off.

 If you're a racist or a homophobe who happens to be a country music fan and this sort of change makes you mad, good. You suck and your life should be as miserable as legally possible. I hope it gets worse for you, pissant, and you never know joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.