Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Same old blues

  I don't want to write about anything. I don't know what's wrong or why, but I've got a bad case of the blues. It's so bad, apparently, that I can't really hide it. Momma's called me out on it, but thankfully she's just letting me be blue. Nothing's worse than Momma trying to help, bless her old heart.

 So, no rundown of the available Hohner harmonicas today, then. I know everyone's broken up. I'm tempted to say "the Blues Harp might be the best, but the Big River is pretty good for a cheaper harp," washing my hands of the whole thing. In any event, it's a possibility if I ever feel like writing for fun again.

 That's sort of what this has boiled down to in the last couple of weeks. Writing out of a sense of obligation rather than any sort of enjoyment. Only difference between now and when I quit way back when is I'm doing this for free. Amusingly, I'm not having the same problem with the News. I can generally come across some that, if not particularly interesting to me, is at least noteworthy enough that I feel it deserves an explanation as to why it's noteworthy.

 Another future potential is I've started getting into the groove with the Divinity: Original Sins games. I got them a while ago but could never get into them. Honestly, I was having difficulty in understand just why they're so popular among the CRPG crowd. I've played a decent way into the first one and I might give the second a try tonight if I don't go back to sleep.

 I've played the earlier Divinity games but only Divinity II grabbed me. I'm giving them another chance and I will admit, as far as Diablo clones go, Divine Divinity has something going for it other than an extremely silly name. Again, my biggest issue is that I have difficulty committing to a game long enough to beat it within a reasonable amount of time. How game reviewers do it, I'll never know.

 I'm also giving the Yakuza games another shot, specifically Yakuza Kiwami. I'm torn. When the gameplay actually happens, it's loads of fun. That block-and-punch mechanic a la the Arkham games never fails to delight. But it takes so long between punch ups, usually broken up by very serious people glaring at each other while the main character emotes like a sulky teenager. I'm told it gears up in the second half but, goddamn, I don't know if I can hang in that long.

 Okay. I've hit a wall and spent the last twenty minutes looking around the room hoping something sparks. I'm in a Hunter Thompson mood and, apropos of nothing, someone on Twitter said he was "as right-wing as anyone" when he wasn't on the drugs. How the hell does someone read anything by the guy and figure he was only on the left when he was high? Is it the guns? I bet it's the guns.

 I want to get this out of my system because it's been sitting on my guts all day. Go ahead and buy at least one gun. Doesn't have to be an AR-15 or whatever the pistol equivalent is, but if that's what gets you hard, go for it. I'd recommend a shotgun, for what that's worth. Buy one, learn how to use it properly, learn how to store it properly, and learn how to take care of it properly. Classes are available just about anywhere. The right has gone stone goddamn crazy, the cops are all fascists, and you can't depend on the military for nothing beyond nuking it from orbit.

 Just, for god's sake, learn how to properly use it. I'm pretty sure most shooting ranges offer classes, even though you might have to give money to the NRA. But desperate times call for desperate measures, friends and neighbors, and we are in desperate times. Granted, it may just be the depression talking but the recent madness concerning Critical Race Theory by the Fox humanoids has unnerved me. Depend on yourself and your own. Don't be stupid and start taking it to the grocery store, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.