Sunday, June 6, 2021

It's too late, she's gone.

  Well, I did it again. It's now 1 a.m. or so Sunday morning, which means I let Saturday's Gibberish slip past me. I wonder if I can honestly say I've not missed a day after doing this a half-a-dozen times. Probably not, but what the hell. Again, no one is paying me.

 Good week for the News, though, despite my general disinclination to deal with reality. Solid stuff all around, though. We looked at the shenanigans going on in the Texas legislature and what they bode for the rest of the country Monday, plus a glimpse into the hundredth anniversary of the Tulsa Race Riots. Wednesday was a look at the possible ouster of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and what, if anything, that might mean for the U.S. Finally, Friday saw us looking at the recently released emails of Dr. Anthony Fauci and how wet it's making Republicans in general. Poor dears. There's so little joy in the average right-winger's life it's nice they get a nothing burger to chew on from time to time.

 The ennui that's been in my pants all week took a hold today and I spent most of it napping, reading, & ignoring the world. It rained off and on, so it was as good a day as any to do such. I'm still working on The Network of Time and I've bought a couple of those Dummies Guides for harmonica, one general and one focused on blues. I figured it was best to cover my options.

 Along with the guitar, I'm putting effort into learning just how to put together a good riff or solo rather than blowing random notes and hoping it sounds good. It did more often than not, but it's still neat to do it properly even if I won't be playing with anyone any time soon. My brother points out learning how music actually works rewires your brain. Seeing as how there's no telling when it'll be until I can get my head bad again, it'll do I suppose.

 Still working on Dragon Age II and I've made it to the second act. I'm interested in seeing where it goes but I really need to head back to Mass Effect before I completely lose groove on that. I've got a number of games on deck but I'm really not interested in anything else right now.

 What else? I still haven't got the harmonica I ordered two months ago and the Paul Butterfield book is is going on a week late. The tracker says it left Memphis this morning, so maybe I should see it come Monday. I've about had it with eBay, but I'm not blaming the sellers. This is a direct result of Louis DeJoy's role in screwing with the mail and the Republicans' ongoing attempts to destroy probably the best government agency in history. This isn't just my paranoia, they've pretty much admitted it.

 The sad thing is Amazon is about the only company that has enough swing to make the mail work for them. It's ironic given how much Trump hates Jeff Bezos. Living out in the boonies, Amazon is about the only outlet we have to order anything that can't be found at the local Wal-Mart, and, frankly, that's most things. Ordering directly from the vendor? Sorry, the mail's slowed down to a crawl and it'll be twice as long getting to you if it gets to you at all.

 Ah, but that's definitely a first-world problem. Amazon is evil but it doesn't have to be. The mail is a mess and is probably on its last legs, but it doesn't have to be. People keep wanting to blame Big Tech or Late-Stage Capitalism or Government, but we have the ability to let this happen or not.

 Question is, will we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.