Tuesday, October 20, 2020

There's folks who never work and they got plenty.

  Once again, I have nothing clever to start with so we'll just roll it and see what happens. I have a confession: I am burnt out. By everything, from the election to the ongoing collapse of the climate to the never-ending horror that has been the COVID-19 pandemic. It's nothing particularly serious, just overall exhaustion from the world matched with the lack of good weed to take the edge off.

 I'm about ready to hit the road again, but it's not going to be any time soon. Momma needs a knee replacement, so that's going to lay her up for at least six weeks. She won't be having the operation until after the year, and because of things, I really can't leave her right now.

 I don't know if I'd go anywhere in particular nor am I especially inclined to visit with anyone. I'm thinking maybe, though, I'd go up to Baltimore and see it. I've always had a fascination with the town, no doubt thanks to my love of Edgar Allan Poe's fiction. I wouldn't even need to do much tourist stuff, though I'm sure he has a house or something like that to see, so I wouldn't have to be around people too much. I'd also like to see Providence - yes, H.P. Lovecraft, for much the same reason - and it's only six hours further.

 It'd be roughly a 40 hour round trip Instead of taking almost a month to get somewhere, I could probably do that in a week and be back home in 10 days. In any event, I'll have to wait and see how the first of the year shakes out. There's always a possibility the pandemic could get much, much worse.

 I guess I should address this whole Jeffery Toobin business. I would like to note first that I've got very little use for Big Names in news. I just don't, the best I can explain it is the information is what is important, not who says it. Sure, there are different journalists who deserve their fame, but the vast majority of what we see on CNN or Fox these days are fairly lightweight.

 The other reason is, well, stuff like this. I'm not a guy who has heroes, never have been. They'll always let you down because humans are fallible and humans will eventually screw the pooch. Which brings us around to Toobin who, if you didn't know, was caught bopping the bishop during a Zoom conference. His excuse is he didn't know the camera was on him, which leads one to ask just why he was jackin' it during a business meeting in the first place.

 Now, Toobin's career probably won't suffer too much. He'll probably go away for a few months and come back with the only punishment being every criticism of his input on the news will feature "hey, aren't you the guy who got caught choking the chicken in front of all your colleagues?" Someone said on Twitter that maybe he was doing it because he was nervous and needed to take the edge off, which is another argument in favor of legalized marijuana.

 Speaking of Twitter, a passel of male news geeks have come out in defense of Toobin's slapping the salami during a business meeting. Their argument is, essentially, "who among us has not masturbated in an inappropriate place, possibly in front of people who hadn't asked to see such things?" I admit, I'm skeptical of their intentions and wonder if they're not telling on themselves a bit.

 Anyhow, fellas, listen to me. Stop showing your junk to women unless - and I can't stress this enough - they make that very specific request beforehand. Keep in mind that even if they've asked in the past, each occurrence needs an all-knew request. I'm not sure why this is still so complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.