Tuesday, October 13, 2020

When you're feeling down, turn the music on and let it sooth you. When you're feeling good, turn it up and let it move you.

 I don't have anything clever to start with, so we'll just start. I went to see the Psych Doc today, the first time since March. As a matter of fact, the last time I left the house from March until almost October was the previous visit. I really don't get out much anyway, mainly because I neither want to nor need to, but the whole COVID-19 threw a monkey wrench into the proceedings.

 The only places I go to on a regular basis are the gym and doctor/therapist visits. Since most of those are in hospitals and medical clinics, I figured it was best to give them a miss until we got a good handle on the COVID-19 deal. Back when it first kicked into gear, I was sure we'd be on top of it by July, August at the latest. Boy, was I naive.

 Anyhow, it was a pretty good visit and not only for the head-shrinking service. It's nice to have someone to talk to who isn't from Northeast Mississippi, and that's all I'm going to say about that. I told him about my nerves being constantly raw and he prescribed me some clonazepam. Just six or so and only to be taken as needed, as I'm to understand they can be easily habit-forming. I admit to a strong fondness for mind-altering chemicals but I prefer freakouts that are caused by natural substances. I've never been one for opioids and members of my family have had them get on top of them quicker than anyone expected.

 If Mississippi would just pass Initiative 65 (and not 65A), this wouldn't be necessary. Again, I admit to perhaps over-indulging on the good smoke back when I could get ahold of it without having to deal with some guy who calls himself "the Tater Man," but that was a different scene. I had to work full time and that is just a miserable existence. I could get by with just a toke or two now and then these days.

 The other thing we brought up was that despite my own insular nature and basic disinterest in dealing with reality, this long-term social distancing thing has made me as wiggy as everyone else. Problem is I don't care to connect up with anyone anywhere and the only thing I like doing that I can't do without leaving my house is traveling. Even better, for me, it's the journey and not the arrival. On my trip last year, I got more joy in driving the roads than stopping to actually look at something.

 Unfortunately, it's not an optimal time to go on another road trip and it's not because of the raging pandemic. Momma's looking at knee surgery soon, which means she'll be laid up for at least six weeks. Anyways, I'm in no hurry to go anywhere right now and there's no place I'm in a hurry to see.

 Okay, so nothing interesting but sleep is trying to get in my head. So I believe I'll go ahead and lay down for the evening, as it has been a long day. Maybe we'll come back to this. Otherwise, stay tuned for The News and whatever dopey shit happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.