Friday, July 9, 2021

Tears wickedness and self-conceit that is the deign of man.

  Dad-blame it. I let it slip by again. It's now 1:20 a.m. Friday morning. I did have something I was going to muddle around with but I'm not as irritated about it now.

 I probably got close to Word Count last night at the Tumblr site. I wrote about blues harmonica players Big Walter Thorton and Good Rockin' Charles Edwards and how they cross paths concerning Jimmy Rogers's "Walking By Myself." I've been writing a little more about music lately, for whatever reason. Here's something on Kid Thomas Watts. Anyway, it's obviously got something to do with my obsession with harmonica music. I've always liked the instrument, but as I've said, I get wild about a genre or musician from time to time and just wallow it. I think this might be the first instrument.

 Anyhow, I was going to write about how silly and potentially dangerous the panic about Critical Race Theory has become. It really has become, well, stupid and hard to take seriously. People are actually claiming it's based on Nazi thought. These are the same people who think Dr. Martin Luther King starts and stops with the "I Have A Dream" speech, so, it's not really surprising they're not putting all that much effort into it.

 And while it hasn't filtered up to the actual government, some wingnuts are pounding the table to put cameras in classrooms so teachers can't sneak in CRT into their little darlings' multiplication tables. Actual politicians who actually make actual laws have compared vaccination efforts to Nazi doings, though. It's getting harder and harder to take these people seriously and harder and harder to do anything but tell "godspeed, you mad fuckers."

 I'm sure I've stated my feeling that debating with conservatives online is a waste of time, but if not, let me say it again. Debating with conservatives online is a waste of time. They're either misunderstanding what they're so mad about or they're lying about it, and it generally depends on how high up on the pecking order they are. Either way, they take the absolute worst position on whatever the "problem" is. 

 Reckon how long this current outrage lasts? I'm not sure what the endgame is beyond stirring up the rubes, like banning trans kids from high school sports or previous efforts to ban gay marriage. I have no doubt that, for the most part, most politicians and media figures know exactly what they're doing and why. Probably not, say, Louie Gohmert and Tomi Lahren, but Tucker Carlson and Ted Cruz? Sure, they're hip. I mean, you really don't hear those guys raising hell about gay marriage anymore, do you?

 It's just me, but it's becoming more difficult to even engage these jackasses. You don't want to get vaccinated even though COVID-19 has apparently mutated into two nastier strains? That's on you, hoss, just keep your nasty ass away from Momma. You want to put cameras into your kid's classroom because you're worried the fragile little dears might learn that white people have been awful in the past? Okay by me. There'll be enough non-idiots to keep the lights on until after I shuffle off this mortal coil.

 That's the wrong way to approach things, of course, but it's almost keeping me sane since I can't get stoned. Just drop out, man, since I can't turn on. Y'all want to let the planet become unlivable? Be my guest, I've just to be here maybe another thirty years. I'm leaving nothing behind when I go, so why should I care?

 Yeah, that's not the best way to approach things, I know, but it's getting me down, man. In any event, there's enough in Mississippi that's screwed up to keep me occupied for the duration

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.