Saturday, July 24, 2021

That picker there's in trouble, boy, ain't nothin' but another side of you.

  I suppose we should get on this. I've got nothing and, for the most part, I don't care. I've been shut down most of the day and still buried alive in the blues. It's too damn hot, my knee's killing me, and I'm just too burnt out to deal with it, man.

 Okay, but the News. Pretty good week, mainly because the House Select Committee drama has kept things entertaining. I'll say it again, I did not see the particular rope-a-dope Nancy Pelosi pulled with her denial of Jims Jordan and Banks. Again, it should go on record that I'm not one of these folks who thinks old-timers like Pelosi are being shucked by the GOP. At worst, they're playing by rules the Republicans no longer feel the need to even acknowledge, but given the media landscape and the basic gullibility of the American public, they haven't much choice.

 That's one thing I really don't think people get about American politics, the effect public opinion has on the parties' boundaries. People instantly assume, for example, the GOP is financially thrifty when every time in the past fifty years that the debt has run out of control has been under a Republican administration. People think Democrats are soft on national defense, i.e. bombing the shit out of countries that can't really fight back, and that's just not true, either. And so on and so forth.

 People have a hard time accepting the Republican Party's total acceptance and capitulation to Donald Trump because he's, well, a celebrity with the morals of a guttersnipe. He's replaced Reagan as their god, and the only reason he got as far as he did in politics is because of his Hollywood connections. And to be honest, every Republican president back to at least Ike has been a pig, with the possible exception of George W. Bush. As odd as that might sound, it's true enough.

 Anyhow. Enough of that for now. That's News and I'll save it for the News. I'll need something to write about tomorrow night, anyway. I don't know what else to write about tonight, though. Best I can tell, it's been two weeks since I've played video game one and most of my reading has been different cosmic horror stories based on Lovecraftian lore. I've been blowin' my harps, sure, but that's just a part of breathing these days.

 My brother's coming to visit next month and if I can come up with a subtle way of asking him to get me some of the good smoke, I will. I don't want to put him on the spot, given how shit the mail is these days and that I'm basically asking him to commit a felony.

 Now that I think about it, I watched Dagon last night. It's a Spanish horror film based on the Lovecraft story The Shadow Over Innsmouth, which to be frank, is one of the Lovecraft go-to stories I never have cared for. It stinks way, way too much of Henry Phillip's issues with people who aren't proper white folks breeding with each other. I don't understand why it's so popular as opposed to something like The Statement of Randolph Carter, but there you go.

 I think that's good enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.