Saturday, July 10, 2021

100 years of the blues.

  I tell you what, I am sick and tired of being in such a bad mood all the time. It's getting harder and harder to put up with anything and everything either gets on my nerves or depresses the hell out of me. My damn sciatic nerve is acting up, too, just to make things that much more pleasant.

 Otis wants to go outside. What he does is go around to the other side of the garage, look around for a bit, and want to come back in. We've done that like four times this evening. If I don't take him out when he wants to go out, he looks for something to rip up, either the carpet or just whatever he can get his mouth around. And then has the audacity of looking like I'm whipping him when I pull him away. He doesn't even need me, that's the real pisser. It's tiresome because if he's awake that's all he wants to do, walk around the garage and then come back inside. One of the reasons I stay up all night is both he and Momma are asleep so I can get some peace and quiet. 

 Ah well. That's life and it'll all end soon enough, I suppose. Okay, then, the News. Pretty decent week, if nothing special. We kept up with Elsa, the Delta Variant, and the condo collapse in Miami. It's been kind of a depressing week, what with the Pacific Northwest burning up and New York City being flooded. I did some writing about music at the Tumblr place, too, so check it out.

 I don't know what else beyond I just don't have it in me to do this tonight. I'm tempted to go ahead and shut it down, maybe come back to it after a nap. I never get enough sleep and I'm drowsy all the time. In any event, it's going to sit here for a while until I come up with something.

LATER: Nope, napping didn't help a thing. Still pissed off and still dull in the brain. There's plenty going on. There's that teacher in Tennessee who got fired for teaching what some people think Critical Race Theory is. There's booger-eating white supremacist Nick Fuentes booting from Twitter and subsequent clown show at CPAC. There's CPAC, which just gets nuttier and nuttier each year. There's flatlander fraud J.D. Vance shit-talking New York City like anyone believes a thing he says. He's going to get stomped into a mudhole in the primary. You'd almost feel bad for him if he weren't such a transparent douchebag.

 But I don't feel like writing about that shit. Maybe I'll be more inclined to face the foul realities of life in these United States tomorrow. I've done pretty well this week with previous Gibberish. Jumping thoughts, I'm currently - as in, as I write this - watching Lucio Fulci's The Beyond. It takes place in Louisiana and features a haunted hotel's basement. If you don't know why that's funny, I can't help you. For what it's worth, it's very much a "style over substance" movie with not much plot to get in the way of the story.

 I guess that's plenty. I'm up for another hour, at least, so maybe something interesting will pop out. Of course, we know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.