Friday, August 23, 2019

Friday, August 23, 2019

 It occurred to me today that I start these things with a quick rundown of my mood & my overall physical health. I think I sort of prefer that because that is the least interesting part of any of this. Anyhow.



 It's actually been a decent day. I woke up with a very unhappy stomach, but once I took a solid nap. Felt pretty decent since god knows when. Pretty good mood, too, for whatever reason. I find that as the weekend comes closer, my mood gets better. Which is sort of funny, since I don't have any schedule to follow.

 Cousin's oldest boy is playing football in Amory tonight, playing against Fulton as a matter of fact. Momma went to watch & I stayed home to commune with the front yard. I might go see the kids play later in the year but right now it is too damn hot & too damn humid to watch football. It is a cold-weather sport & making kids play it just seems cruel.

 I enjoy football but I don't Love it. I never was super into it, but five years of covering for newspapers eventually pounded it out of me. I like to watch it but I can't be bothered to give a shit. I'm nominally a Saints fan & an Alabama fan but, again, I really couldn't give a shit. Unless I have money on it, that's a different story. I like gambling, but luckily I know awful I am at it. If there is such a thing as luck, a force that alters the universe & causality either for one's good or one's ill, I've never seen it.

 Finally got around to watching Spider Man: Into The Spiderverse. For the most part, I enjoyed it. I've always been a big Spider-Man mark & the film was pretty charming. I also liked that the introductory Spider-Man & the main not-Miles Spider-Man were obviously all new Spider-Men who's stories hadn't been told yet. Fairly successful Spider-Man & broken down slob Spider-Man. J. Jonah Jamerson must not give Spider-Man as much shit in Miles' universe because everyone seems pretty down with him. It's like how Metropolis treats Superman. I also like guido Kingpin.

 It was a fairly fun little movie. I bet it was a blast to watch in the theater. Lot of heart, cleverly delivered to satisfy the public & make them forget so they can just have fun for a little while. Sounds like art to me, baby. Yes, sir.

 For what it's worth, I don't have a dog in the whole Sony vs. Disney Spider-Man battle. I will say I never cared for any of the Sony movies & I did enjoy Spider-Man's presence in the MCU. But that's just me. I do hope they figure it out, because either way, it's a license to print money for a couple of years.

 I wonder if my Therapist is right in that Greed is the sin that gets up my nose the worst. I've got no problem with someone liking to make a lot of money & spend a lot of money, & like all the Sins, a little bit is necessary to get by. But I can't imagine trying to make all of it at others' expense, even their harm. You know, like this asshole. David Koch died to day. Yes, he donated to charities, but he also worked to maintain a world wherein those charities were desperately needed. All because he wanted more money. Well, fat lot of good it does him now.

 And speaking of rich sons a bitches, this pinhead tweeted stupid shit all day. That's the thing about Trump I don't think people get. He's dumb. No, really, even if you listened to him 10, 20, 30 years ago, he still sounds like a moron who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about but wouldn't never admit he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. If you've read any of his books, you'd know he's a shallow, greedy bore, the kind of guy who delights in maltreating the hooker he stiffed.

 Just selfish & dumb, & don't get it twisted, he's not a unique result of America's worship of the Stinking Rich. He - or Epstein or the Kochs or the McMahons - has all that money, & he still wants to make other people miserable. It's not even the soulless greed like the Waltons or Bill Gates. I don't have any patience for them & less for their lickspittles.

 Anyhow. I tire of that buffoon. It's already a depressing world, children, there's no reason working yourself up just because the President Of The United States of America is vulgar cad, a simple greedhead. Let us think happy thoughts. I download a lot of noteworthy games that Humble Bundle'd given me yonks ago. I played Assassin's Creed: Origins, which is not bad but another AC game that doesn't let you be a pirate. Other games were Vampyr, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, & Hell Blade: Senua's Sacrifice, but I haven't gotten around to those yet. I have the weekend & nothing on my schedule.

 I'm getting more confident with this. I think if I reach out for criticism I may drop down to give me weekends off. Or not, we'll see. A lot of what makes this helpful is that there's a schedule to it. Much as I hate to admit it, I do need structure. I tell you this, though; I'm going to wait until summer's over. This damn heat & humidity's too much for me, man.