Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

 The Sleep got me today & got me good. Slept in after letting Otis out, was barely conscious for maybe hour, & then slept until three. Woke up, zombied through the gym, supper & a commune with the front yard. I feel anxious & ill at ease, afraid to make decisions or make any sort of impact on the rest of reality. I couldn't tell you what spurned any of it on because I can't think of why myself. Yesterday was a good day, today was a worry from the get-go.

 But I preserver & am calming down. Downside is I didn't go to Work today &, thus, haven't been able to Pay Attention. And I don't care, the world's a mess but Enon Holler's fine. It's you I feel sorry for, bubba. Wish I could help, I truly do, but I don't see anywhere I could do you much good.



 Enough of that. Shake it off, it's all right. Good times, kids, we're riding with the King, but we're not letting us enjoy ourselves. We're not concerned about anyone else riding, & that is a problem.

 Whoah! Getting dark again, dammit. Okay, so I played a little of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw last night, & hell, this might've been were I started getting squirrelly. Anyhow, it looked great & while I'll have to get used to the play style - I do not care to use a gamepad for my space fighter games; I  prefer the keyboard or my HOTAS - it looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I'll still try to knock out a review of it, just mainly to see how I do.

 Just got to get to me a day where I feel like doing anything beyond sleeping & getting up for the bathroom, much less playing games again. I get days where all I want to do is read or watch movies/television, & some days all I want to do is play video games or Pay Attention to the news. Sometimes I do all four. That's cool. Some days all I want to do is sleep & there are some days all I want to do is stare at the wall. Too much information? Maybe so, but what of it. We're all friends here, right?

 And Now, the News:

 There's been a number of instances in the last 24 hours where mainstream Republicans have pretty much shown just how much contempt they have for every body else. Beware of the man that claims to love his country, because he inevitably fears & loathes his countrymen. Then there's this shit. In short, of the initial 780 workers detained by ICE - on the first day of the school year & right after a dickbag in El Paso shot a bunch of people because he's pissed at brown people - 300 hundred were here legally & turned loose. Of that 300, the company, Koch Foods, fired around 100 workers. This comes after the company held a job fair, wherein the 200 who showed required extending the fair. You figure that out.

 Oh, man, this shit ass. Iowa Rep. Steve King (Fucking Nazi) defend his call for a total ban on abortion by actually defending rape & incest. No, really. He said abortion for any reason should be banned because, well... let's hear from him:

 "What if we went back through all the family treas and just pulled those people out that were products of rape and incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" King asked, according to the video of the event, which was covered by The Des Moines Register. "Considering all the wars and all the rape and pillage that's taken place... I know I can't certify that I'm not part of a product of that."

 Now, that's just stupid. I don't remember the particulars, but there was a stink made during the Bush Jr. Era when some Republican legislator claimed he was hear because his grandfather raped his grandmother, so rape wasn't an "excuse". Now, we all know Steve King has a long history of outright advocacy for white supremacy & supported extreme right-wing candidates in other countries. It took him being full-on antisemitic back in October to finally get some comeuppance in the form of losing his committee chairmanships. To find out his a pro-breeder creep is, well... not all that surprising, actually. Scratch a white supremacist, you'll generally find a misogynist.

 Finally, an interesting article by Kevin M. Kruse, professor of history at Princeton & regular beater of Dinesh D'Souza's ass. The article concerns the horrific traffic in Atlanta - they have a major intersection called "Spaghetti Junction" - & how that ties into the city's segregationist past. As I said, very interesting &, like all of Dr. Kruse's work I've seen, convincingly argued. Check it out.

 And that's that. Still feeling a little jumpy, but I must say I do feel a bit calmer, more together, & more centered after the about crude gibberish. I neglected to say yesterday, but the Psych Doctor is very cool with this... thing I'm doing. It's almost like old-school blogging mixed a little Gonzo & a little I.F. Stone's Weekly. But he digs me doing it.

 And he's fine with doing... this even though I'm leery of doing anything with politics. "It's a passion you obviously have. Why not? You say you want to have some sort of impact, even if it's small & insignificant, on things to help. Why not?" Why not, indeed, I guess. Anyhow, I'm going to straighten out a bit & maybe play more Rebel Galaxy Outlaw. The Rockpile album is coming to its end & Otis has called it a night.

 And why not?