Monday, June 24, 2019

Monday, June 24, 2019

 Just a thought, but is the number of people who've declared for the Democratic nomination that unprecedented? I mean, I get that 24 is a heavy number, but is it so unusual? I want to say that commentators noted the high number of Republican candidates in 2016 - 17 or so - especially considering the paucity in the Democratic field, particularly with the VP not being the favored candidate. I also want to say 1992 was noted for it's robust Democratic field. Maybe I'm misremembering.

 It also occurs to me how uncomfortable being around couples was when I was a kid. Used to make me want to climb the nearest tree, & the impulse stuck with me until I was well into my thirties. It's cool now, though, I almost prefer it.

 This starts the second week of doing this, & I couldn't tell you if it's done any good or not. I have been out on the front porch, enjoying the yard, & could almost say I was struck with a notion. Not a great notion, true, but I will take what I can get.

 Now, two versions of one of the best country songs of all time: "Cherokee Fiddle". Here's the original release by Michael Martin Murphy, & here's the cut by Johnny Lee, featured on the Urban Cowboy soundtrack. The former (released in 1977) hit 58 on the Billboard US Hot Country Charts, while the latter got up to #10 in 1983.

 Got back in deep with Pathfinder: Kingmaker, almost back to where I was before the last update/DLC. It's pretty nifty - I'm partial to a little "no story, just make a team & kick some ass" from time to time. However, it ruined all my portraits & I'm weird about that. Still, it's fun & the update added enough new content so the road already traveled wasn't too tedious. I wish the Pillars of Eternity series had such a feature.

 And sense I'm in a rare good mood, the 1984 television series adapted from/based on the "Sherlock Holmes" books by Arthur Conan Doyle from Britain's Granada Television staring Jeremy Brett as the titular Great Detective &, first, David Burke &, later, Edward Hardwicke as the noble Dr. John Watson is all over YouTube & really good. Check it out. Also on YouTube, clips from "The Amazing World Of Gumball", a Cartoon Network show that has that sort of friendly other worldly wackiness that makes a good cartoon for young kids, middle aged stoners & folks who in general wave their freak flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.