Saturday, June 22, 2019

Saturday, June 22, 2019

 Slept until 2:30 p.m. today. Otis woke me up about 6 a.m. & I let him out. Momma had some early errands to run, so I just went back to sleep. Again, actually slept some last night & used that infernal machine like I was supposed to, & I feel like I could sleep for hours. I don't know what's wrong with me, if anything.

 I've been fascinated, lately, with the whole Gram Parsons-Roger McGuinn-Chris Hillman Byrds-Flying Burrito Brothers thing lately. I'm not exactly sure why. Never been that crazy about Parson or into the Byrds, but something about it all is appealing to me right now. Parsons' voice is still too thin & weak to do what he's trying to do, & apart from his two solo albums - which feature Emmylou Harris & what would become Elvis' TCB Band backing him up - he just sounds awful. I did come across him doing Tom Paxton's "The Last Thing On My Mind", though, & he sounded pretty good on Greenwich Village-style folk stuff. And if I had the pick, the best thing I've heard of the whole bunch was the post-Parsons Last Of The Red Hot Burritos live album Hillman did with Rick Roberts.


 It's now 1:30 a.m. the following morning. After writing the above, I went right back to sleep & have been out since. I'll probably sit up for a little while, see what kind the mess the world has evolved into, maybe play some games & go back to sleep. I have no idea what is causing this beyond just simply having no desire to be awake. On the plus side, this was a dreamless sleep. I hate dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, & may be discarded & ignored if so chose. Cry more & die, man.