Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

 Today was a big talking day. Saw the Psych Doc this morning & the Therapist this afternoon. The former's starting me on Wellbutrin to see if we can't, one, do something about all this sleeping I want to do, & two, put another dent in the depression. Both were pretty right-on with this whole "writing everyday" thing, & the Therapist said she was proud of all I've accomplished over the past year. I'll be honest, I never do know quite what to say to all that.

 Part of it's I never have been to take compliments well. Couple of months back, I ran into a fan - an actual fan - of my Athens work on Twitter. To this day I haven't been able to figure out if this guy was yanking my chain or not. The second reason is I never can completely convince myself that all of this is real. I'm told that's a natural reaction & problem for them that are going through depression. I don't know.

 Otherwise, decent enough day. Nearly 70 bucks worth of medication, that Wellbutrin shit is expensive. Been drifting back though Descent: Freescpace & Freespace 2, & having a pretty good time with both. I'm rockin' through them, too, which is interesting. Double Damage is finally releasing Rebel Galaxy Outlaw at the first of the month, but I'm still going to give it a couple days to make sure it's not total crap. Rebel Galaxy is pretty damn neat, & while this is a different take, everything I've seen so far bodes well. Also finally got around to listening to that Long Ryders album & it did not work for me.

 Anyhow, that's enough of that.