Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

 I'm going to keep this basic today, as the last couple of days have been draining emotionally. I woke up to hear of another shooting, this time in Southaven where my first cousin & her family live. So I'm tired. I will say the gun fetishes will not back down, no matter how many children are shot or how many otherwise normal experiences are turned into war zones by white nationalists ashamed of their dick size.



 Overall, it's been a decent enough day. I don't feel great, but it's not the lack-of-sleep crappy feeling. I wonder if my blood pressure's up. I actually slept pretty good last night, & after letting Otis outside, got about another hour. So I feel pretty rested. Like I said, don't feel great but, all in all, it's not that bad.

 Between the shootings & Nikki Haley giving Trump's racism a pass, I managed to hack off a lot of wingnuts on Twitter. Here's the thing: I mute like a bastard. I won't even bother with "arguing" or "debating" or even "swapping insults" with you if you're so inclined. I just mute. I spent years in the internet trenches rasslin' with Bush fanboys & Obama haters, & goddammit, I'm tired of it. Still, conservatives have nothing new to add to the conversation & their worship of Trump just renders them all the sillier.

 I frankly don't see why I should entertain anyone's delusions, much less some shitass that's repping the modern GOP. Every argument is given in such bad faith there's just no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt. Read news stories about what conservative politicians say, sure. Argue with the ranting dingbats who think having a Twitter account makes them Edward R. Murrow? Hell, no.

 Anyhow, enough of that. I'm going to be good on Twitter so folks leave me alone.